Get Writing : Challenge #5 : TodayNovember 19th, 2011 | Posted by in Challenges
Happy Saturday! Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend. It’s time for another Get Writing challenge here on the blog. I hope you’ll join me for a little journaling exercise today! Grab your cameras, too. This week, we are going to be focusing in on the little things that make every day special!
This week we’ll be using one little word for our inspiration: TODAY
Challenge 5 : Today
Think about what you would like the subject of your page to be about: you, your kids, your pet, your house, some beloved object. What do you want to record? Once you have a subject in mind, go and get a few good snapshots of it!
Now, for the fun part: the journaling! First, be sure to use the word “Today” in your title. Then, get ready to write!
- Fill out a survey or make up your own! Start off with a list of several phrases, such as “I’m wearing,” “On my mind” or “I wish.” On your page, make these prompts stand out from your answers, either by using various fonts or paper strips.
- Interview someone, even if it’s just yourself! If you have kids, use this as a way to capture unique tidbits about them at this certain age on this certain day. It would be great to make multiple pages, one for each child, as an inventory of what life is like right now.
- Document a change by writing about how things were in the past and how they are right now. Talk about progress that’s been made towards a goal (maybe losing weight or getting rid of a bad habit? Or some other milestone?).
- Set aside a whole day to take notes and pictures. Write about any key things that happen throughout the day. Journal by the clock, describing what each hour was like on this one particular day.
Each of these ideas is like a mini time capsule. Later, when you look back and read your journaling, you are going to be so happy you created this to look back on what life was like “today.”
And There Are Prizes!
Each week, I will be selecting one random winner who will win a $10.00 gift card to my Sugarplum Paperie shop. If you would like to enter this challenge to win, simply follow the rules below:
1) Pick a journaling prompt from the list above. 2) Make a layout or hybrid project that relates to the topic at hand, using at least 75% Sugarplum Paperie products (either new, retired or even a freebie). 3) Come back and leave a comment with a link to your page. All entries must be posted by Saturday morning before 8:00 a.m. (EST). That’s it!