Hello! Happy Saturday! I hope today finds you well and up for another challenge!
Have you ever watched Parks & Recreation? I love that show. I can’t help thinking of Rob Lowe saying “Lit-rally” as I write this post today. (Please excuse me while I go over there giggle to myself for a moment…)
Challenge 8 : Literally Life Changing
Today’s challenge is simple and straightforward: Make a list of 10 books that have changed your life—and why. With emphasis on the why, of course!
I had high hopes to have a mini album page or two to show you today, but it’s December—and my December Mini comes first! (The first few pages are over here, if you’d like to see them: december daily.) Plus, I’m waiting for inspiration to strike on just how I want to piece these together with text or handwriting or whatnot:
These are painted coasters which were later backed with cardstock. Don’t worry! When I mod podged the other side, they uncurled themselves. Whew!
Here are some ideas to get you started today:
- Tackle your list from a childhood angle. What 10 books did you read as a kid that changed everything for you? Try to go beyond the idea of a “beloved” book to something that you still carry around with you as an adult, such as a silly fear or a strongly founded belief.
- Tackle your list from a spiritual perspective. What 10 books have influenced your life like no other? What books helped you to understand yourself or other people? God? Life?
- Tackle your list from an educational standpoint. What have you read that changed how you work? Or create? Or cook?
- Combine all these ideas (and more!) for a list of the top 10 books that have literally changed your life.
I hope that helps to get you thinking! I can’t wait to see what you create.
And There Are Prizes!
Each week, I will be selecting one random winner who will win a $10.00 gift card to my Sugarplum Paperie shop. If you would like to enter this challenge to win, simply follow the rules below:
1) Pick a journaling prompt from the list above. 2) Make a layout or hybrid project that relates to the topic at hand, using at least 75% Sugarplum Paperie products (either new, retired or even a freebie). 3) Come back and leave a comment with a link to your page. All entries must be posted by Saturday morning before 8:00 a.m. (EST). That’s it!